Monday, December 20, 2010

A graphic design challenge...

Next semester, I'm going to be conducting a large-scale survey of bloggers for my dissertation. (I've had a pilot wave in the field for the last several weeks.) For credibility's sake, I need a public face for the project -- a web site people can visit to reassure themselves that my survey request isn't some kind of phishing scam.

I'm branding the project as the Online Political Speech Project, with the goal of "understanding the voices of the Internet." I've worked out some rough ideas for visual motifs, but I'm no graphic designer. If you are, or know someone who is, I'd love to be in touch. I'm hoping this can be a fun project for some talented graphic designer...



Project specs: I need to design and lay out this web page by the second week in January. I'm imagining about five pages (splash page, FAQ, contact, blog, data repository). Scope of work would be limited to designing templates -- I can plug in content later.

This should be reasonably quick work, with a lot of creative control for the designer. I can offer a little cash, but probably a lot less than going professional rates. (That's because, as a grad student, I get paid a lot less than going professional rates, too.) Maybe a good portfolio piece for a student web designer...? Or else a fun project for someone who wants to play with some of the styles and themes that have emerged lately on the web...?

Please email me (agong at umich dot edu) if you're interested.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Isn't this a perfect candidate for the design marketplaces from your previous posts- 99designs.com, etc.?

Abe said...

@gJetsam - I've thought about it. On inspection, they're all a little out of the grad student price range.